Trevor Day School, an independent coeducational day school for grades N-12, seeks a skilled and experienced Director of Admissions, Grades N-5 beginning July, 2017.
- Serving on the Trevor Leadership Team, reporting directly to the Head of School
- Supervising Assistant Director of Admissions and Lower School Admissions Associate
- Overseeing the full application process in a mission-consistent way: tours, interviews and final review of applications
- Maintaining statistics regarding enrollment and attrition
- Managing Admissions events and representing the school at off-site informational fairs
- Working with members of the administration on all recruitment and marketing efforts
- Building strong relationships with colleagues at other schools
- Visiting feeder schools
- Periodically reporting to Board of Trustees regarding admission data and activities
- Participating in Financial Aid Committee.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in admissions
- Bachelor’s degree and knowledge of elementary education
- Poised, warm personality; being comfortable with meeting new people and speaking to groups
- An understanding of marketing independent schools in the competitive environment of New York
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Resiliency and a sense of humor
Trevor Day School is committed to maintaining an atmosphere of collaborative learning, to building a diverse community based on mutual respect, and to fostering the integration of technology into our learning processes. We aspire to be the premier inquiry-based school in New York and beyond.