Trevor Day School is seeking an energetic, creative and experienced Fourth Grade Head Teacher
The 4th Grade Teacher is responsible for the homeroom life of approximately 15 students. He or she is also responsible for planning, implementing and reviewing either Math and Science curricula OR English and Social Studies curricula for their own homeroom and a second group of students. The fourth grade team, consisting of 4 teachers, works together closely to establish a sense of community among the entire fourth grade and to collaborate on curriculum development.
- A Master’s degree and minimum three years’ experience as a Head Teacher
- Experienced in inquiry based learning and teaching methodologies
- Able to create and develop curriculum using backwards design
- Able to teach to a range of learning styles, comfortable with differentiated instruction
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Passion for the subject matter and for the craft of teaching
- Approaches work with curiosity, flexibility and a sense of humor
- Interest in the development and implementation of social and emotional curriculum, as well as social justice, diversity and inclusivity
- Enjoys working collaboratively with grade level colleagues, parents and the larger school community
- Interest in professional growth and school wide initiatives
- Experience and/or interest in using technology to enhance classroom learning
Trevor Day School is committed to maintaining an atmosphere of collaborative learning, to building a diverse community based on mutual respect, and to fostering the integration of technology into our learning processes.