The Nursery teacher is responsible for the homeroom life of approximately 12 students and responsible for planning, implementing and reviewing curricula. The teacher works together closely with an associate teacher to establish a sense of community for the students and their families. During this first year of school, it is important to maintain close communication with parents as our youngest students join the school world.
- A Master’s degree and three years’ experience as a Head Teacher
- Understanding of early childhood development and the process of transitioning into the school environment
- Warm and positive demeanor
- Familiarity with inquiry-based learning
- Excellent communication skills
- Passion for the craft of teaching
- Interest in the development and implementation of social and emotional curriculum
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues
- Interest in professional growth and school-wide initiatives
Trevor Day School is committed to maintaining an atmosphere of collaborative learning, to building a diverse community based on mutual respect, and to fostering the integration of technology into our learning processes.